Mission Statement: The Youth Ministry of First Congregational Church inspires youth to walk with Christ. The ministry exists to connect, engage, and support all youth and their families while growing with Christ. We seek to give our youth courage to live the Word in their daily living and not just a mental knowledge of the Word. Our four focus areas are: Education, Ministry, Mission/Outreach, and Fellowship/Recreation.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
- To prepare youth for a lifelong walk with God.
- To show through prayer and the plan of salvation, youths can accept, be baptized and live for God.
- To show the correct behavioral model will result in positive actions from our youths.
- Youth should be treated with respect and courtesy we all seek.
- To offer youth group activities that are safe, physically, mentally, and sexually.
- To show youths will understand that adults who work with them will care for them unconditionally.
- Children need appropriate social, physical and mental contact with mature Christian adults.
- To ensure that each member of our youth group receives the foundation and motivation necessary to live a Christ like life.
- To give youths the opportunity to become leaders.
- To bring adult leadership to our youths.
- To train, educate, prepare, and equip our youth through our youth ministry.
- To prepare Bible study program opportunities.
- To reach, and invite unsaved youth in the community to church.
- To provide financial assistance, support and aid for our youth to be able to participate in various activities.
- To encourage each youth to bring at least one new youth to our youth group.